Monday, June 24, 2013

Couch Potato Day

Mon. June 24, 2013
>> Today is 'prep day' for tomorrow's PET scan.  When I was handed a piece of paper at the C-Dr's office and told "Here are your prep instructions for the scan", I gotta say my thoughts went immediately to what a lot of us associate with 'prep' -in a bad way- and that's what you go through before a colonoscopy.  Thankfully this is different.  Very different.  The diet protocol today is high protein (meats, eggs, cheese, leafy green salads, etc.) and low carbohydrates (no pasta, white bread tortillas, sugar, etc.); lots and lots of water.  Also, 'NO Exercise 24 hours prior and limit activity the day before and the day of the scan' or as told to me when I asked just how limited activity should be: "You lay on the couch and watch TV all day."  Hey, I can do that!




>> And...the weird part? I can't believe how tired I got doing nothing!


note:  all comments are moderated and may not show up immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could join you and lay on the couch and watch TV all day. Good luck tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I love to watch TV. Lots of prayers are being said for you. Love you too.
    P.S. You are not too wordy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cartoon and your ability to keep a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete