Monday, December 30, 2013

This Is Not A Food Blog?-8 Can Taco Soup!

This "8 Can (& 1 package) Taco Soup" recipe, had I known about it earlier, would have been perfect for 'chemo week' when that miserable fatigue/tiredness engulfed me for several days. Making dinner doesn't get any easier than this. Better yet -- it was delicious!

When I saw this recipe today it soon became a near obsession to give it a try. A little internet research found reviewers exclaiming how good it was. True? With everything from cans? After rummaging around in the basement grocery I was happy to discover all the "ingredients" needed were on hand. WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!  And yes, it was super easy to prepare; in fact it's probably fool proof. Most importantly, best of all, and like I said earlier--it was really good. This makes A LOT of soup and if you need to freeze some go ahead; thaw and reheat with no loss of quality. (That's the old Homec Teacher in me talking there!)

The cast of characters.

1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans* or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (13 oz.) chicken chunks, drained
1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained (save liquid)
1 can (15 oz.) petite diced tomatoes**, drained (save liquid)
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
1 can (10 oz.) green enchilada sauce
1 packet taco seasoning

optional toppings:
sour cream
grated cheese
sliced olives

Combine all ingredients in 5-quart dutch oven.
Heat thoroughly.
If you prefer a thinner consistency, add the reserved liquid.
Serve. Add optional toppings if desired.
ENJOY!

* I've made this twice and the second time around didn't have a can of pinto beans so I used a can of dark red kidney beans instead. Guess what? I prefer it with the kidney beans as they were firmer than the pinto beans that I found too mushy.
** Okay, my can of tomatoes here included sweet onions, but that's what I like! They are a staple in my pantry. Regular, plain petite tomatoes would be just as good, and - if you like things spicier the tomatoes that include green chiles would also work just as well.

My mouth is watering with a deliciousness of yummyness all over again


 Good, right down to the last drop.




note:  all comments are moderated and will not show up immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment