Friday, August 16, 2013

A Life Lesson




Over 30 years ago two miserable nights of excruciating pain (yes, at night only!) resulted in a visit on the third day to my Family Practice Doctor. Initially he thought I had a bleeding ulcer. Fortunately after some tests at the hospital it was determined to be 'only' an extremely bad, awful, case of a severely irritated stomach (they called it Gastroenteritis back then but today's definition of it doesn't apply so I don't know what it would be called today). I was under a lot of stress at the time, particularly at work, that contributed to the problem. Anyway, six months of a prescription anti-ulcer medication solved the physical problem. On the mental side, I learned the lesson above.
That lesson has served me well over the years.
Today, that lesson is more important than ever.



note:  all comments are moderated and will not show up immediately.

1 comment:

  1. A lesson that I have gradually learned over the last 20 years ;-)

    ReplyDelete