Friday, August 23, 2013

Bemoaning the Blogging Blues


A blog post about why my blog post's are so sporadic. Or something.

I'm not very good at it. On a consistency basis.
My hat is off to those who earn a living doing it.

It takes a lot of time. To do it well. I don't know if it can be done 'right.'
I wordsmith too much. Sadly, a bad habit not unique to this blog.

I've learned to not publish a post immediately upon completing it. That it's best to sleep on it a night and make the revisions later that have tumbled through my mind. Otherwise, I'm constantly revising even old posts. A few people have caught me doing this. Okay, that means someone is reading this blog, and even paying attention?! Sometimes I re-edit (is that a redundant term?!) to correct errors, sometimes I re-edit (tough, I like 're-edit') to clarify content, sometimes I re-edit (getting used to re-edit yet?) just because I didn't like the way a sentence or thought sounded after reading it for the 5th or 200th time.

So that is the reason for this post -- to let you know why sometimes a post with a week old date has just shown up, or why multiple posts all showed up on the same day...assuming you are checking this blog every day. That's okay if you don't, I probably wouldn't either!

Some things are hard to write about and it takes me time to get all the thoughts down without being too gloomy or too lighthearted and then in finding the right balance between the two.

Sometimes I just overthink too much.

Sometimes I spend too much time searching and saving images from the internet in order to break up the monotony of nothing but words and sentences and paragraphs. Then again, that can also be way too much fun and easily distracting.

However, on the internet I found this little gem regarding blogging:
from freshspectrum.com

10. Posting every day

This is a great style if you’re shooting for exhaustion and plan to quit blogging sometime in the next month.
Okay, I feel better now!

Or maybe I just needed a post off-topic this blog's primary subject.



note:  all comments are moderated and will not show up immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment