Friday, September 27, 2013

Not Just For Chili or Pregnant Women


No, I'm not pregnant. LOL
As recommended during Chemo Class there's a package of these next to my bed for use during 'chemo week.' Have never felt that urp urp blarch in a nauseous way, but keeping something, anything, on my stomach most of the time during this week helps prevent that problem. Since my bedroom is in the basement and the kitchen upstairs, these shelf-stable staples are handy as I'm preparing for the day before going upstairs to eat breakfast. Chemo round#3 and Thursday morning was the first time I decided it was time to crack open the cracker sleeve. Hmmm, surprisingly good all by themselves.
Maybe I'll rename them CHEMO CRISPS.

However, my preferred way of eating them is with a bowl of chili. Actually some might say I have a little chili with my crackers. And that thought got my saliva juices flowing. Since I need a lot of fiber and protein this week, a hot bowl of chili was perfect. See this picture? The only thing wrong with it is those saltines on the plate need to be smushed up and mixed into that bowl of chili. Yum.


THEN...
as I was searching for saltine pictures I saw this...
 
...which required some further research to find out how this yummy looking stack of goodness related to saltines. I discovered there are tons of the recipe (with only a very few variations among them) out on the web and so for purely selfish reasons -to have the recipe handy- here is Saltine Cracker Toffee.

Once this 'chemo week' is over with I just might make some jazzed up saltines. Ooooh, these look good.



note:  all comments are moderated and will not show up immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I have actually made the cracker toffee before. It's really good. Last time I tried to do it they didn't work. Maybe it might have been because I had a no-name brand of cracker or something.

    ReplyDelete