Saturday, November 2, 2013

Life Goes On - 11/2 - Mindy's Big Day

About seven years and three months ago I picked up my sister and her granddaughter Mindy at the airport while Mindy's parents and 4 older siblings were moving from Virginia and traveling cross country in a caravan of cars, trucks and a moving van.

Anyway, while my sister went to retrieve the luggage she asked if I'd hold Mindy who was about nine-months old, an age where most babies don't like strangers so I hoped I wouldn't have a screaming baby in my arms in the middle of the airport for the next 10 or 15 minutes. Not to worry, we bonded almost instantly and since then it's no secret I am one of Mindy's favorites. Awww.

Today is a day Mindy has looked forward to for a long time and after turning 8 years old last month today she will be baptized.
Of course I'll be there. I've also been asked to play the piano during the service and have been trying to get my fingers limbered up again after taking too much time off from "tickling the ivories."
It was a great day for Mindy.


AFTER THAT:
Grocery shopping.


Life Goes On



note:  all comments are moderated and will not show up immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Mindy! I remember when Auntie Christine brought her back from VA. She had the most beautiful baby smile, it won over anyone who saw her the whole trip :-). She still has a beautiful smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that about you and Mindy. That's really sweet. It kinda reminds me of us. I remember when I was younger how special I felt whenever you'd call me cheeks. I loved that I had a nickname and I still love it. I always feel happy around you. Sappy enough? But it's all true. Very true. Love you!

    ReplyDelete